Sunday 23 August 2009

Wedding at The Bridge in Prestbury

As mentioned in an earlier post, Saturday (22nd August 2009) saw us photographing the wedding of the lovely Gemma to the lucky Adam.

The day started with Neil going to photograph the boys as they got ready at the Bride and Groom's house in Stockport whilst I went to the Bride's Mum's house also in Stockport. I can honestly say I don't think I have ever seen as many women in one place at one time as I saw yesterday morning. Bridesmaids, Mums and Aunties seemed to be everywhere. Mind you, everyone was in very good spirits aided no doubt by the blush champagne that seemed to be going down a treat! Special mention to Chloe the little flower girl who not only looked beautiful but was a real star on the day considering her young age. She smiled and was a pleasure to be with all day long.

The ceremony was at the Dean Row Chapel in Wilmslow and then, after a brief stop at a nearby park, we moved off to the Bridge Hotel in Prestbury. I have to mention the Minister at the Dean Row Chapel.

I said this to everyone gathered in the vestry whilst we were signing the register but bearing in mind the hundreds of weddings I have attended, I don't think I have ever witnessed a finer church service than the one he conducted. The level seemed to be just right with a fine balance of solemnity and humour. Great stuff and very inspiring.

Gemma's dress was a real treat and suited her so perfectly. She was totally amazing. She looked stunning and her personality makes her such a lovely person to be around. Adam and all the ushers (so many of them too!) looked extremely smart and stylish and is one very lucky man.

Have a great honeymoon (they've not decided where to go yet - decisions, decisions).

We'll post a few more photos over on our wedding blog at www.barrieneilweddings.blogspot.com